Elder Law Attorney
Helping you put together Medicaid and estate plans so you can protect you family and assets for peace of mind.
When we reach our twilight years, we want to know that life’s more difficult decisions in estate and elder planning have been resolved.
What’s Elder Law?
Elder law is an area of law that concentrates on the issue of the older population, including these areas:
- Social Security,
- Guardianship proceedings,
- Estate planning,
- Financing nursing home care,
- Pension and other retirement plans,
- Elder abuse, and
- Family matters, such as grandparent visitation and even divorce.
How an Attorney Helps
- Talk to you about how important Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney are for you and your family
- Plan for a child or spouse with disability or special needs issues
- Provide help with healthcare planning: patient rights, Medicare, and Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Help with the selection and appointment of a Guardian
- Explain nursing home rights
- Draft advance directives and long term care planning documents
- Explain how you can protect assets from Medicaid “spend down” and recovery
What Our Clients Say
15 of 15. Miracle for Sure.
We have trusted DeWitt Law Firm with our estate planning! We are pleased that all our t’s are crossed and our eyes dotted! Thank you Gary and Winnie!
Thank you again for being such nice people. I was very on edge about all of this. Thanks for taking the time to make me feel at ease and helping me through this process.
Gary and Winnie were so easy to work with to set up our Trust. They both explained everything in layman’s terms and made us feel comfortable with the decisions we made for us. We would recommend them to anyone that is interested in Estate Planning.
D.M. | Client
Gary DeWitt was an absolute pleasure to work with. He walked me through the entire guardianship process and addressed all of my concerns. He is a very intelligent, capable, and professional attorney. I would like to thank the Dewitt Law Firm for their expertise and professionalism in handling our family’s guardianship case. Gary and Winnie were outstanding and really put my mind at ease during the entire process. I highly recommend him and his staff.
Guiding You Every Step of the Way
We listen to you and identify what matters most to you – wants, goals, worries, and concerns
We evaluate your options and pick the best one
We discuss the issues involved and advise you on the pros and cons of each option
After we Listen, Evaluate, and Advise, only then will we Prescribe the Best Solution for your Peace of Mind
We’ll discuss your options and pick the best one